Turtle Back Zoo Pancake Breakfast
Enjoy a traditional country breakfast at Turtle Back Zoo. Meet and greet our knowledgeable Keepers and learn about our wonderful domestic animals from the Zoo’s dedicated Staff. Event will be located at the TBZ Farm and Pony Track. Recommended for families with children ages 5 and up. All children must be accompanied by a paying adult. Children under two are free. Space is limited; register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/turtle-back-zoo-farm-pancake-breakfast-registration-26813250153 *tickets are not currently on sale
Date and Time:
Saturday, September 10 and Sunday, September 11, 8:30am to 10am for each day
*tickets are not currently on sale
Pokémon GO Zoo Nights
Wednesdays and Thursdays in August
5:30pm to 7:30pm
Enjoy catching unique creatures throughout the Zoo when the summer temperatures are cooler and the workday is over. Paid admission is required to enter the Zoo each evening. Play safe and abide by the How to Best Search for Pokemon instructions below. Make sure to share the fun, tag your Pokémon screenshots on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with #TBZGO or @TurtleBackZoo.
- 17 PokeStops and 1 Gym that are only accessible from on grounds. NOTE: The South Mountain Recreational Complex has a total of 27 PokeStops and 3 Gyms all within walking distance of Zoo parking.
- Lures released every half hour during the event.
- With an assortment of different habitats and animals, the zoo sports a wide variety of Pokémon
- Great place to meet fellow trainers
If all the running around stirs your thirst, stop by the new Savanna Café for a cool beverage and a bite to eat. ZANZIBAR now open till 7pm on Family Fun Nights with beer and wine options at Savanna Café terrace.
Planning to come multiple nights? Think about a Zoo Membership. Learn more about zoo membership at http://turtlebackzoo.com/membership/
This event is part of the Essex County Turtle Back Zoo’s Family Fun Nights. The Zoo has extended hours to 8:30pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays from July 6th to September 1st. Last zoo admission 8pm.
*Please note children 14-years-old and under must be chaperoned by an adult (18-years-old or older)
How to Best Search for Pokemon
**The Zoo and surrounding complex has 27 PokeStops and 3 Gyms as well as a wide variety of Pokemon**
Since the start of Pokemon Go, many new creatures have popped up at the Essex County Turtle Back Zoo. We know, you want to catch them all. But here are some reminders to ensure your search at the Zoo is a safe one:
- First off, have fun!
- Be safe! Pokémon characters may be close to some wild animals, but trust us, you don’t want to be. Respect all barriers, stay on marked pathways, and steer clear of restricted areas.
- Be courteous! Be aware of other guests searching for fun at the Zoo. Remember to look up when walking pathways.
- Be fit! Our zoo sits on over 20 acres of land. Make sure to set a Pokemon to incubate before the start of your trip and you will be pleased with the progress you make!
- Experience the Zoo! Playing Pokemon Go at a Zoo gives you the bonus of having actual animals in addition to your virtual friends. Make sure to look around to see the real figures eager to wow you (some of them are very rare and endangered).
The Zoo is open daily from 10am to 4:30pm with late nights on Wednesday’s and Thursday’s till 8pm for you to catch and battle it out. Do not come to the Zoo outside of normal business hours.