Certified Maintenance Technician
Job Type: Part-Time Seasonal Supervisor
Pay: varies with experience
JOB SUMMARY: The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the overall maintenance and upkeep of the rides at the Essex County South Mountain Recreational Complex (miniature train, carousel, aerial obstacle course) and all areas related to the daily/weekly/monthly/yearly maintenance operations of the facilities.
In accordance with NJ DCA Licensing, you must hold and keep up to date one of the below certifications:
- NAARSO level 1 or better
- AIMs level 1 or better
- DCA Issued Certification
The Maintenance Technician must maintain a professional and courteous manner with residents, visitors, contractors, and fellow employees. The tech must have the necessary tools to effectively complete tasks outlined above. One must have the ability to follow oral and written instructions and be able to maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain train, carousel and aerial obstacle course as needed.
- Instruct staff on all safety operations. Maintain training with updates and random checks.
- Coordinate with maintenance and management as well as NJ DCA on any work/ projects.
- Drive train for guests when needed.
- Good personal skills.
- Maintain a clean and proper uniform.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Relay messages to the public in a professional manner.
- Being flexible – train does not run in inclement weather.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION: Valid Driver’s License, NJ RCMT Certification
EQUIPMENT: Oversee and complete repairs in cooperation with maintenance staff.
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift 75 pounds.
- Able to stand, stoop, climb, sometimes to heights of 30 feet into the air.
- Able to work 7 days a week including holidays, weekends and special events.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you feel you meet the above requirements, please follow the link to fill out an inquiry form to then schedule an interview: https://forms.gle/ptWhEkVcuEqVDzWx5