The Essex County Turtle Back Zoo invites you to the 4th Annual TBZ Sleepover!
Enjoy a wild night filled with adventure at the Turtle Back Zoo! Observe our animals in the dark, interact with our Educators and Keepers, and discover how our zoo works behind the scenes. Our fourth annual summer TBZ Sleepover program is fun for all families who’d like to spend a night exploring the zoo in the dark while learning about TBZ’s mission of conservation and stewardship.
Shhhhhh, don’t tell the kids! If you missed your favorite behind the scenes tours this past season, come join us for the TBZ overnight. For this summer sleepover, we’ll be visiting the a few of our favorite behind the scenes locations. Your family is sure to enjoy almost 2 hours of exclusive visits as part of the sleepover.
- Tour of TBZ with Staff and Keepers
- Evening Snack
- Lesson/Activity with Animal Encounter
- Free Overnight Parking
- Secure Indoor Sleeping Area at the Berson Education Center
Participants will be responsible for supplying sleeping bags and sleeping pads (no tents). Dinner will not be provided by the Zoo during the event; please have dinner prior to your arrival, or bring dinner with you. Evening snack will be provided.
Age Requirements: Ages 6 and above only, groups must have 1 adult chaperone for every 4 children in the party.
Program Time: 5pm June 8 – 8:30am June 9 (the event is overnight)
Program Fee: $100 per person for Non-Members, $90 per person for TBZ Zoological Society Members; all adults and children must purchase a ticket. Society Members will be required to show membership cards at check-in.
Please call 973-731-5800 ext 103 or email email@example.com for more information.
A Registration Packet will be emailed after registration and will include an Overnight Parking Pass, a Code of Conduct Agreement, a Liability Waiver, a Photo Consent and Release, as well as directions for how to prepare for the event. All forms will be completed as part of your check-in process; you only need to print out your parking pass. If you have any questions about any registration information, please call 973-731-5800 ext 103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The Code of Conduct Agreement outlines the expectations of behavior that will ensure all participants have the best experiences at the TBZ Sleepover (e.g. no drug or alcohol use during event, providing adult supervision to all children in your group, etc.).
Cancellation, Refund, and Dismissal Policies
- No refunds for cancellations made less than one week in advance of the scheduled event. Cancellation requests must be made by email (email@example.com).
- There are no refunds if you or a group member is sick and misses time during the program.
- If you are dismissed from the overnight due to breaking any policies stated in the Code of Conduct Agreement, you will not be granted a refund and you and your family will not be allowed to participate in another TBZ Sleepover event.
- Parents/Guardians/Chaperones are advised to notify the Zoo (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any special needs or restrictions, or if you need to leave the event early.