Job Title: Guest Relations Assistant Manager at Essex County Turtle Back Zoo and South Mountain Recreation Complex (NJCS Title: CASHIER $23,542 – $57,546)
The Essex County Turtle Back Zoo in West Orange, NJ seeks a qualified Guest Relations Assistant Manager. The Zoo manages the Paddle Boats, Safari Mini Golf, and Treetop Adventure Course, so all responsibilities include these facilities.
NOTE: The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job specification. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed.
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Strong time management skills
- Comfortable with arithmetic computation and money management
- Schedules staff at Zoo and satellite facilities. Supervises the activities of staff and gives appropriate assignments and instructions to the employees. Evaluates employee performance and conduct, enabling the effective recommendation of the hiring, firing, promoting and disciplining of subordinates.
- Makes periodic audits of registers during operating hours.
- Books private rentals.
- Oversees the opening and closing procedures with point-of-sale systems.
- Prepares, supervises and reports the preparation of clear, sound, accurate and informative reports. Supervises the maintenance of records and files.
- Ensures that quality and standards meet expectations on a day-to-day basis.
- Handles complaints, issues and conflicts in negotiation.
- Be present and visible to visitors.
- Serves in the place of the Manager in his/her absence as may be assigned.
- Makes periodic inspections of equipment, buildings and grounds to check on the efficiency of operation and maintenance.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Business or Hospitality preferred, but not required.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years supervisory experience in a business setting.
LICENSE: Appointees will be required to possess a driver’s license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform essential duties of the position.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT RESUMES TO ROBERT JACKSON, DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES AT RJACKSON@ADMIN.ESSEXCOUNTYNJ.ORG