Tickets are only valid for date and time specified. You have a 30-minute time frame to enter the Zoo after the time specified on your ticket. Do not get in line to enter until we are within your time block. Anybody who arrives any earlier will have to wait in the car. Early or late arrivals will NOT be accommodated. There will be no Re-Entry. Please ensure that you have everything with you before entering the zoo. For a Contact-Free Entry, we prefer that you do not print your tickets; rather just show the confirmation email on your phone to the cashier at the entrance.
Per our County Health Inspector & Zoo Veterinary Staff guidelines, guests will be required to wear a face covering that covers your nose and mouth (please be prepared to bring your own). Temperature Scans will be done upon arrival before admission to the zoo will be allowed. Guests who are unable to wear masks, or who have a medical condition that would produce a consistently elevated temperature are asked only asked to produce a medical note advising that these requirements are to be waived. The individual’s health condition does not have to be stated in the doctor’s note.
Please do not enter the Zoo if you are feeling ill.
Strollers will not be available for rent. Please prepare accordingly.
Wheelchairs will still be available on a first come, first serve basis.
Attractions such as our Giraffe Feed, Pony Rides, Goat Feed and Aviary will remain closed for the time being.
The Train will be OPEN. *UPDATE: As of 7/25/20 our train is closed for repair.
Our Carousel and Prehistoric Playground are now OPEN. Please note due to social distancing, not all animals are available for use at the carousel.
When you walk around the Zoo, you’ll note markers to help you line up and social distance. For our indoor areas, there will be new, one-way traffic patterns and capacities. These include the indoor exhibits at the Reptile House, Touch Tank, Sea Turtle Recovery, and Penguins. Our Bear House will remain closed for the time being.
Some zoo paths, like many of our buildings, are also one way only. Asia, the Farm, Big Cats, and Wild NJ are all one way; just follow the arrows on the path. Also to note, for the time being, the Australia boardwalk and the playground will remain closed.
Restrooms will be on a sanitation schedule, so they will be closing down at specific times of the day. The restrooms at the carousel, picnic area, & cafe restrooms will be closed.
Our water fountains & vending machines are closed. The Cafe will be open for Pizza, Grill and Grab-and-Go options. The Gift Shop will be open with limited capacities.
Ticket capacity is limited to allow for social distancing.
- Online reservations are REQUIRED for members and general admission ticket buyers to help manage capacity limits and minimize contact at the entrance. Reservations are made for a specific date and time to ensure the Zoo is operating safely within the capacity limit and adhering to the proper social distancing requirements.
- Member admission will still be free, but tickets MUST be reserved ahead of time.
- Visitors will not be admitted into the Zoo before their ticketed time slot.
- There are No Refunds or Exchanges. The Zoo is open Rain or Shine, so please plan your trip accordingly.
- Face Coverings & Social Distancing must be observed throughout your visit. There will be areas with social distancing graphics on the ground for your convenience.