Job Duties and Requirements
- Assist party/event attendees with arrival(s) and direction to their designated event site
- Assist party/event attendees with transport of decorations, supplies, gifts, etc. to party/event site
- Ensure that party/event attendees are in their correct locations and that guests who are not associated with that particular event do not enter the space.
- Perform custodial duties in and around the party space/area where necessary.
- Must be willing to learn park geography, pricing, rules, and event scheduling in order to answer any questions our party/event attendees may have and to relay accurate information.
- Must be willing and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must have strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must be willing to perform duties related to our Guest Relations department even if they do not particularly pertain to parties and/or special events.
For ALL positions, the following is required:
- Demonstrate exemplary Customer Service skill sets at all times to ensure Zoo guests enjoy an amazing visit
- Interact with public in a courteous manner
- Interact with co-workers in a courteous manner
- Know where all animal exhibits and rest rooms are located throughout the zoo so you may direct visitors
- Follow written and oral direction
- Be able to work safely and quickly
- Perform duties of your position and other duties as necessary & directed
Additional Job Information:
- Seasonal, approx. 30 hours a week, hourly pay rate starting at $12/hr
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
- Applicants MUST be available for work >> WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS <<
- Applicants must pass a criminal background check
- Applicants must have a valid photo ID & Social Security Card or current US Passport
- Applicants for all positions must be friendly, polite, responsible, energetic, enjoy working outdoors & enjoy working with and around children and families.
How to Apply
All applications are now submitted electronically. You must be interviewed to be given further information on how to apply. Interested candidates should complete the online form HERE (https://forms.gle/MghaqiiXA6mFkPj5A) for an interview. Initial interviews will be done virtually.
Essex County is an equal opportunity employer.