Come play and learn together in nature as a family with TBZ’s new nature club, Nature Adventurers!
Worried you or your kids don’t spend enough time outside or together? Join us as we harness the power of gaming to get families up and moving while exploring and learning about local nature and conservation. There’s something for everybody- teens and adults are invited and encouraged to join in the fun, not just little ones!
Each ticket includes a Family Nature Club water bottle.
Where to Go
**NOTE THIS LOCATION MAY CHANGE BUT WILL BE IN A NEARBY AREA** We will meet at the entrance to the Cherry Lane fields and forest, which are directly across from the Regatta Playground at the South Mountain Reservoir. Look for the Nature Adventurer’s sign and your Nature Play Leader, who will be wearing a green shirt and blue backpack!
Who Should Come
Event starts at 1pm and lasts up to 2 hours. We request attendees arrive 10 minutes prior (12:50pm) at the Berson Education Center lobby, then we will walk to a nearby natural area as a group. We will not be entering the zoo.
Nature Adventurers is for all ages and all abilities, though recommended for 6+. If you have acccessibility concerns, please contact your Nature Play Leader, Sarah Burroughs at 973-731-5800 ext.236 or email@example.com
What to Bring
- Reusable water bottle (or pick one up from us if this is your first time!)
- Sunscreen, bug spray, raincoat, poncho, or other seasonal or weather gear
- Epi-pens, inhalers, or any other necessary medications for anyone in your family
- A camera to capture the memories
- Your imagination and eagerness to have fun!
What Not to Bring
- Anything you don’t want to get dirty, wet, broken, or lost
- Electronic devices you might get glued to (phones are ok if you’re just taking pictures). We will be ‘unplugging’ and do not want the electronics to become a distraction.
- Grumpy attitude!
NEW! Nature Adventurers Backpacks
We now have drawstring, water resistant backpacks available with your own starter kit of adventuring supplies! These are not required but recommended if you intend to come often or go on your own adventures outside of our meetups (or both!). Inside you’ll find:
- a reusable water bottle
- a telescoping net
- a blank nature journal
- colored pencils and sharpener
- a laminated copy of the Nature Adventurers Handbook
- a guide for Nature Play Resources that we recommend including books, websites, and apps
- a water resistant pencil case
- 3 animal print adhesive bandages
- a small bug jar with magnifying lid
- 2 Nature Adventurers stickers
- a kit to make your own paracord pacecounter
These are while supplies last. We have them in the following color themes: Magenta, Red, Pink, Orange, Yellow, Lime Green/Black, Forest Green, Teal/Bright Orange, Light Blue, Royal Blue. When purchasing a ticket with a backpack, please indicate what color(s) you would like. If you do not select a color or we run out of that color, we will select one for you.
Cancellations with refund may be made up to 7 days prior to the originally scheduled date and time; no refunds will be offered less than 7 days prior to the originally scheduled tour date and time. Cancellations may be made by phone at 973-731-5800 ext. 236 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.