ZOO TRAIN DRIVERS & CONDUCTORS
Train Drivers should be comfortable driving, following safety guidelines and noticing/ reporting changes, answering a wide variety of customer questions, and being outdoors. No previous train driving experience is required. An extensive training will have to be passed before formally driving.
Train Conductors should be comfortable standing and walking for extended periods of time, communicating clearly to large crowds, enforcing and maintaining safety guidelines, taking further instructions as needed from Train Drivers and Guest Relations staff.
For ALL positions, the following is required:
- Demonstrate exemplary Customer Service skill sets at all times to ensure Zoo guests enjoy an amazing visit
- Interact with public in a courteous manner
- Interact with co-workers in a courteous manner
- Know where all animal exhibits and rest rooms are located throughout the zoo so you may direct visitors
- Follow written and oral direction
- Be able to work safely and quickly
- Perform duties of your position and other duties as necessary & directed
Additional Job Information:
- Approx. 30 hours a week, hourly pay rate
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
- Applicants MUST be available for work >> WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS, and EVENINGS <<
- Applicants must pass a criminal background check
- Applicants must have a valid photo ID & Social Security Card or current US Passport
- Applicants for all positions must be friendly, polite, responsible, energetic, enjoy working outdoors & enjoy working with and around children and families.
How to Apply
All applications are now submitted electronically. You must be interviewed to be given further information on how to apply. Interested candidates should complete the online form HERE (https://forms.gle/dgmMNNf1xLbcTjd66) for an interview. Initial interviews will be done virtually.
Essex County is an equal opportunity employer.