ZOO GUEST RELATIONS
This position would include jobs such as: Cashier, Guest Services Attendant, and Carousel Operator
Cashiers should be comfortable handling money and making change, answering a wide variety of customer questions, and standing outdoors. No previous cashier experience is required, but is recommended.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Write &/or print legibly
- Count and record numerical data accurately
- Perform basic computations such as addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
- Operate a computerized cash register in order to total the price of individual entrance fees, collect cash, make change, and enter credit card data
- Use various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems
- Reconcile cash drawers
- Perform other duties as assigned— i.e. wear the Zoo mascot costume, greet visitors, show parties where they are to set up
For ALL positions, the following is required:
- Demonstrate exemplary Customer Service skill sets at all times to ensure Zoo guests enjoy an amazing visit
- Interact with public in a courteous manner
- Interact with co-workers in a courteous manner
- Know where all animal exhibits and rest rooms are located throughout the zoo so you may direct visitors
- Follow written and oral direction
- Be able to work safely and quickly
- Perform duties of your position and other duties as necessary & directed
Additional Job Information:
- Seasonal, approx. 30 hours a week, hourly pay rate starting at $12/hr
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
- Applicants MUST be available for work >> WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS <<
- Applicants must pass a criminal background check
- Applicants must have a valid photo ID & Social Security Card or current US Passport
- Applicants for all positions must be friendly, polite, responsible, energetic, enjoy working outdoors & enjoy working with and around children and families.
How to Apply
All applications are now submitted electronically. You must be interviewed to be given further information on how to apply. Interested candidates should complete the online form HERE (https://forms.gle/MghaqiiXA6mFkPj5A) for an interview. Initial interviews will be done virtually.
Essex County is an equal opportunity employer.