The Essex County Turtle Back Zoo invites you to spend a WILD night at the zoo!
5pm June 10 – 9am June 11 (the event is overnight)Register Here
Registration goes on sale May 15th!
Enjoy a night filled with adventure at the Turtle Back Zoo! Observe our animals in the dark, interact with our Educators and Keepers, and discover how our zoo works behind the scenes. Our second annual summer TBZ Sleepover program is fun for all families who’d like to spend a night exploring the zoo in the dark while learning about TBZ’s mission of conservation and stewardship.
Age Requirements: Ages 6 and above only, groups must have 1 adult chaperone for every 4 children in the party.
Program Time: 5pm June 10 – 9am June 11 (the event is overnight)
Program Fee: $100 per person for Non-Members, $90 per person for TBZ Zoological Society Members; all adults and children must register. Society Members will be required to show membership cards at check-in.
New for this year! There will be an option to add-on a TreeTop Adventure Course experience at a reduced fee for Sunday morning after you check-out of TBZ. Height and weight restrictions may apply. For more information please call 973-731-5800 ext 103.
Participants will be responsible for supplying sleeping bags and sleeping pads (no tents). Dinner will not be provided by the Zoo during the event; please have dinner prior to your arrival, or bring dinner with you. Evening snack will be provided.
- Carousel and Train Rides
- Lesson/Activity with Animal Encounter
- Tour of TBZ with Staff and Keepers
- Evening Snack
- Free Overnight Parking
- Secure Indoor Sleeping Area at the Berson Education Center
Please call 973-731-5800 ext 103 or email email@example.com for more information.
A Registration Packet will be emailed after registration and will include an Overnight Parking Pass, a Code of Conduct Agreement, a Liability Waiver, a Photo Consent and Release, as well as directions for how to prepare for the event. All forms will be completed as part of your check-in process; you only need to print out your parking pass. If you have any questions about any registration information, please call 973-731-5800 ext 103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The Code of Conduct Agreement outlines the expectations of behavior that will ensure all participants have the best experiences at the TBZ Sleepover (e.g. no drug or alcohol use during event, providing adult supervision to all children in your group, etc.).
Cancellation, Refund, and Dismissal Policies
- No refunds for cancellations made less than two weeks in advance of the scheduled event. Cancellation requests must be made by email (email@example.com).
- There are no refunds if you or a group member is sick and misses time during the program.
- If you are dismissed from the overnight due to breaking any policies stated in the Code of Conduct Agreement, you will not be granted a refund and you and your family will not be allowed to participate in another TBZ Sleepover event.
- Parents/Guardians/Chaperones are advised to notify the Zoo (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any special needs or restrictions, or if you need to leave the event early.