Before purchasing tickets and coming for a Zoo visit, visit our Zoo Update page for the most up-to-date information on closures, procedures, and FAQ.
Zoo Rules & FAQ’s
We reserve the right to escort from zoo grounds any individuals or groups who are acting in ways deemed harmful to our animals or the park, or that impinge upon the enjoyment of the park by other guests.
- Turtle Back Zoo is a smoke-free facility. No Vape/ E-Cigarette.
- Visitors age 17 and under must be accompanied by a chaperone.
- Pets are NOT permitted. Guests who rely on service animals may bring them into the Zoo once they check in at our Guest Services to receive additional on-grounds information. Guests are solely responsible for the care and control of their animals.
- Do NOT feed our animal residents or throw things in exhibits. Please respect & leave untouched the plants and trees around you.
- All guests should stay on public paths at all times. Do not walk through landscaping.
- Deposit trash & recycling in designated receptacles.
- Weapons of any kind, balloons, piñatas, radios, bikes, skateboards, or scooters are NOT permitted in the Zoo or the surrounding complex. Power wheel and remote controlled devices are not permitted on grounds.
- Styrofoam coolers & alcoholic beverages are also prohibited.
- Deposit trash in designated receptacles.
- Please Do NOT chase, feed or touch our free roaming animals such as the peacocks and peahens.
- Please go directly to the Guest Relations Office should you or someone in your group get lost or injured.
- Non-commercial photography for personal use is allowed, but tripods maybe restricted at the discretion of zoo staff. Commercial photography and filming requests must go through the Guest Relations Office.
- We reserve the right to escort from zoo grounds any individuals or groups who are acting in ways deemed harmful to our animals or the park, or that impinge upon the enjoyment of the park by other guests.
Following these rules will make your visit & those of other guests enjoyable, as well as keep our animals safe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, food is allowed inside the zoo. We have indoor and outdoor seating available throughout the zoo. Please abide by posted rules in exhibits where food and drink are prohibited and always deposit trash in designated receptacles.
Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
Yes they are. In the colder months, from early November to late March, the zoo is open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. with the Zoo grounds staying open for an hour after last admission. During the warmer months, usually April to October, we’re open longer, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Many years, Wednesdays and Thursdays in July and August are our Family Fun Nights, where we stay open till 8:00 p.m.
*Please note we are currently in IN-Season hours. IN-Season hours of 10am to 4pm began MARCH 11, 2023*
Yes they are. In the colder months, usually from early November to March, we offer off-season pricing.
Children (Ages 2-12): $12
Under 2 years: Free
*Please note we are currently in IN-Season pricing. IN-Season pricing began MARCH 1st 2023* IN-Season 2023 will be $19/ adults, $16/ children & seniors
Yes, a limited number of wheelchairs are available at no charge. We do not offer electric wheelchair rentals at this time.
Please note your are able to bring your own wheelchair or mobility scooter.
Strollers are available for rent at the main entrance on a first-come, first-served basis IN-SEASON. Safari double stroller rentals are available for $10; single stroller rentals are available for $7.
Please note your are able to bring your own stroller.
Yes, you can bring your own stroller. Some buildings and exhibits request that you stow your stroller in a designated area before entering.
Still have a question? Contact us for further information, or give us a call 973-731-5800.
Turtle Back Zoo is 100% ADA compliant.
We have a limited number of wheelchairs and strollers that are available for rent on a first-come, first-served basis.