There are many things to know before purchasing tickets and coming back to the Zoo for a visit. Please visit our Health Update page for the most up-to-date information on closures, procedures, and FAQ.
Zoo Rules & FAQ’s
- Turtle Back Zoo is a smoke-free facility. Smoking permitted in designated areas only.
- Visitors age 17 and under must be accompanied by a chaperone.
- Pets are NOT permitted. Guests who rely on service animals may bring them into the Zoo, provided that the animals remain properly leashed. Guests are solely responsible for the care and control of their animals.
- Power wheel and remote controlled devices are not permitted on grounds.
- Do NOT feed our animal residents or throw things in exhibits. All guests should stay on public paths at all times.
- Weapons of any kind, balloons, piñatas, radios, bikes, skateboards, or scooters are NOT permitted in the Zoo. Styrofoam coolers and alcoholic beverages are also prohibited.
- Deposit trash in designated receptacles.
- Please Do NOT chase, feed or touch our free roaming animals such as the peacocks and peahens.
- Please go directly to the Guest Relations Office should you or someone in your group get lost or injured.
- Non-commercial photography for personal use is allowed, but tripods maybe restricted at the discretion of zoo staff. Commercial photography and filming requests must go through the Guest Relations Office.
- We reserve the right to escort from zoo grounds any individuals or groups who are acting in ways deemed harmful to our animals or the park, or that impinge upon the enjoyment of the park by other guests.
Following these simple rules will make your visit and those of other guests enjoyable.
Frequently Asked Questions
At this time all tickets are to be made online for a timed ticket entry. Members must also reserve a timed ticket spot. Please visit our Health Update page for Reservation links, the most up-to-date information on closures, procedures, and FAQ.
Yes, food is allowed inside the zoo. We have indoor and outdoor seating available throughout the zoo. Please abide by posted rules in exhibits where food and drink are prohibited and always deposit trash in designated receptacles.
Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
Yes they are. In the colder months, from early November to late March, the zoo is open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. with the Zoo grounds staying open for an hour after last admission. During the warmer months, usually April to October, we’re open longer, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Many years, Wednesdays and Thursdays in July and August are our Family Fun Nights, where we stay open till 8:00 p.m.
*Please note we are currently in IN-Season hours*
Yes they are. In the colder months, usually from early November to March, we offer off-season pricing.
Children (Ages 2-12): $12
*Please note we are currently in IN-Season pricing*
Yes, a limited number of wheelchairs are available at no charge. We do not offer electric wheelchair rentals at this time.
Please note your are able to bring your own wheelchair or mobility scooter.
Strollers are available for rent at the main entrance on a first-come, first-served basis. Safari double stroller rentals are available for $10; single stroller rentals are available for $7. Stroller rentals are not available in the first phase of re-opening. Please plan your visit accordingly.
Please note your are able to bring your own stroller.
Yes, you can bring your own stroller. Some buildings and exhibits request that you stow your stroller in a designated area before entering.
Still have a question? Contact us for further information, or give us a call 973-731-5800.
Turtle Back Zoo is 100% ADA compliant. During our “In Season” (April 1st through November 30th) we have two entrances, North and South entrance.
We have a limited number of wheelchairs and strollers that are available for rent on a first-come, first-served basis.